Are you looking for the Best Record Players and Turntable Reviews ?
If Yes, then I am happy to say that, you have come to the right place. Well as we know, Record Players are the amazing devices which allow the users to mix sounds and change the tone, pitch, and timbre while creating unique electronic music. The importance of a quality record players and turntables can only be understood by the professional DJs.
If you are using Best Turntable, then your job as a DJ becomes much easier. However, it is not an easy task to find a right turntable according to your needs and requirements.
|Best Record Player 2017||Rating|
|1byone Belt-Drive 3|
|Audio Technica AT-LP120|
Best In Class
|ION Audio Max LP||4.2/5|
|GPO Memphis Turntable||4.3/5|
|GPO Stylo Stand Alone Turntable||4.0/5|
Best Portable Turntable Reviews
- Best Portable Turntable Reviews
- Best Record Players 2017
- #1. 1byone Belt-Drive 3 Speed Stereo Portable Turntable
- #2. Audio-Technica AT-LP120-USB Record Player Review
- #3. Audio-Technica AT-LP60
- #4. Crosley CR8005A-TU Cruiser Portable
- #5. ION Audio Max LP
- #6. Steepletone ST929R
- #7. GPO Memphis Turntable 4-in-1 Music Centre
- #8. Grausch RPS100 Portable Vinyl Turntable Review
- #9. GPO Stylo Stand Alone Turntable
- #10. Caseflex Turntable Record Player Briefcase
- Best Record Player Buying Guide
There are many different types of electric and Hybrid turntables available in the market. The electric turntables let the users quickly mix music from lots of things and it is favored mostly by the techno and progressive DJs. The Hybrid turntables can combine the benefits of the electric versions with amplifier and speaker combinations.
Now, a question arises which is the best record player and how to find the best one. You need to follow this guide to find the Best Turntable, and to help you better understand we have added some really cool Record player Reviews in the article.
Best Record Players 2017
We have researched well to find the top 10 record players having all the necessary features, you needed a vintage record player. Go through this list and find the best one according to your need and requirement.
The 1byone Belt-Drive 3 Speed Stereo Portable Turntable comes with a lightweight suitcase wooden cabinet and a retro-inspired design. The cabinet of the device is covered in Poly Synthetic Leather making it one of the Best Record Players Under 100 in the market. It is available in three different colors black, denim and turquoise. The front-facing built-in stereo speakers of this record player produce great sound.
It is one of the best DJ turntable, which is easy to operate and allows the users to play music conveniently. This 1byone record player comes with jack outputs and switches mounted on the side.
The users can enjoy their vinyl records by using their own sound system or headphones with the RCA output and a headphone jack line in/out. They can also plug-in their smartphone or MP3 player and use this device as a speaker.
1byone is known for high-quality products and they stand it by attaining 100% customer satisfaction. This model of the company comes with a 12- month complete warranty. This portable record player comes with a dynamic and balanced tone arm, which guarantees that it produces excellent sound.
If you are looking for a perfect combination of trendy and retro, then it is the best affordable record player. It comes with some trendy features such as soft damping control, durable PU leather case, integrated speakers and integrated carrying handle.
- Flexibility: This record player offers flexibility to the users because of the inputs and outputs on the case’s side to connect up to.
- Three Speed: The three-speed feature of the 1byone Belt-Drive allows the users to play it on all kinds of records without any issues.
- Low Cost: It is a cheap record player, which can be easily fit into anyone’s budget easily.
- Poor Quality Material: There are a number of users who have complained about the poor quality material used by the company while making this turntable.
- Damaging records: The people have complained that the stylus causes damage to their records in the long run.
Audio Technica AT-LP120 is an excellent record player manufactured by the well-known company Audio-Technica. It is an affordable device through users can listen to records without following a complicated set-up process. It comes with a built-in preamp, which means that there is no need of additional accessories while connecting it to a set of powered speakers or stereo. It also has a replaceable precalibrated cartridge and needle, which sounds perfect for all types of music.
The Drive Design is the main reason behind the popularity of the LP120-USB. There is a plastic base, which gives it a great look. Along with this, there is a sliding switch for changing the pitch of the music by 10 percent and 20 percent increments.
There is a tone arm incorporated in this record player with an adjustable counterweight for balancing it over the records. Another function of this dead weight is to dial in the proper amount of downward force on the record groove.
Connectivity: A phono amplifier is integrated into the unit, which eliminates the need to buy a separate pre-amplifier for getting the signal up to the line level. It is a handy feature, which makes it a best vinyl record player .
Sound Quality: The Audio-Technica AT-LP120 comes with a very well-rounded sound, which pairs well with many different types of music genres.
- Versatility: The LP-120 allows the users to record and sample the music they have produced on their computer themselves.
- Great Sound Quality: The users can enjoy a good sound quality after buying this record player.
- Excellent Customer Service: The Audio-Technica is known to offer great customer service to their customers. They hear the customer responses very carefully and solve it as fast as they can.
- Reasonable Price: The price of the AT-LP120 record player comes under £300, making it a perfect choice for the people looking for the best record player under 300.
- No automatic arm return: The biggest con of this record player is the lack of the auto-stop arm return.
- Full manual operation: The users need to operate it manually as there is no automatic feature in it.
- Short RCA Cable: You have to keep it near the plug as this record player has fixed and short RCA cable.
Audio-Technica AT-LP60 is without any doubt best record player under 200 range. It is a fully automatic belt driven turntable having a USB port installed in it. The company advertises it as a music transferring device, which allows the users to rip their vinyl records and have them as an MP3 format for the computers and iPods.
It is a great entry level turntable, which offers awesome sound quality to the users. This record player is a perfect choice for the people who are new to the vinyl and have a tight budget. The AT-LP60 is the best turntable, which you can find in this range.
This turntable comes with the fully automatic belt-drive operation with two speeds, i.e. 33-1/3 and 45 RPM. The built-in switchable phono pre-amplifier comes with the RCA output cables, which allows the users to connect it to the audio systems and powered speakers.
There is a small switch on the rear panel, which let the users select either the high-quality external preamp or built-in phono preamplifier. The record player comes with a removable dust cover, allowing users to clean it easily.
- Decent Price: The biggest benefit of shopping this turntable is its decent price, which can easily fit anyone’s budget.
- Adaptability: Despite its low price, the record player plays both 7 and 12-inch records with precision and verve.
- USB Port: There is a USB port for digital transfer of the music to the iPads and computers
- High Sound Quality: The users can enjoy a high sound quality of the Audio-Technica AT-LP60-USB Fully Automatic Belt-Drive Stereo after purchasing it.
- No built-in speakers: There are no built-in speakers in this record player, which force users to spend extra on the new speakers.
- No Sound Control: There is no option for the sound control in this Audio-Technica AT-LP60 record player.
- Can’t Get Upgraded: The built-in phono cartridge of this record player is fixed and the users can’t change or upgrade it.
- Short RCA Cables: The short RCA cables can be a concern for some users.
Crosley CR8005A-TU is a cheap record player which is made for those music lovers who wants a portable device for the clean and natural sound. There are many brilliant features in this turntable, which can easily impress anyone. When we combine its attractive design and colors to the bright colors, it gives the perfect example of the classic device. It is a belt-driven turntable which offers multiple speeds, durability, and connectivity.
- Three Speed Mechanism: It is one of the best belt record players under 100 because it delivers 3 speeds. The users can run their records at all the three speeds.
- Sleek Brief Case Design: The Crosley CR8005A-TU comes with a sleek briefcase design, which makes it smaller and more portable than the other record players.
- Portability: If you are looking for a turntable which doesn’t occupy space, then the Crosley CR8005A-TU Cruiser is best.
- Lightweight: The best benefit of shopping this record player is its lightweight and portable design. It can be carried anywhere and the users can listen to their favorite records on the go. They can enjoy outdoor parties with a full range of speakers.
- Energy efficient: The Crosley CR8005A is an energy-efficient turntable which runs on 110 volts and it saves a great amount of energy, especially for the people who hears music for the long hours.
- Natural Sound: This turntable comes with the high-quality components allowing it to deliver rich and natural sound.
- Low Price: The company sells this record player having incredible features at a very reasonable price. It is a great choice for the people who are new to the world of vinyl players.
- No option to upgrade: The major concern after buying this turntable is that it can’t be upgraded. It can be a major problem in the long run.
- Harmful for some records: This record uses a sapphire stylus which may not be safe for some of the vinyl records such as old thicker records. There are many users who have complained about the damage offered by this turntable to their records.
#5. ION Audio Max LP
Ion Max LP is a vintage record player, which is designed for the users who like to have a great collection of their childhood music. This turntable can convert those records into the digital tracks for easier access. It allows the users to listen to their records while converting them. The Ion Max LP comes with lots of features, which are not available in many costly devices. Also, it is highly affordable while comparing it to the other turntables in this range. There is a dust cover in this record player, which protect its vital parts and keep it clean.
Belt Driven Motor: This cheap record player comes with a belt driven motor, which acts as a shock absorber and minimizes those vibrations, which resonates from the motor to the stylus and tone arm.
One of the most interesting features comes in the Ion Audio Max is its ability to auto-stop, which means that the platter will stop turning by motor once the final track ends. This can be useful for the people who catches a nap while playing music.
Built-in Stereo Speakers:It is one of the best record players, which comes with the built-in speakers, allowing users to listen to their records without any issue or extra setup.
The headphone output of the record players allows the users to listen to the music privately and helps in easy conversion. This record player comes with a 90-day warranty, which starts from the date of purchase. Considering its low price, it is a great plus point.
- Natural Wood Finish: The smooth natural wood finish of this record player offers a fantastic sound from its stereo speakers.
- Easy to use: As we have discussed above, this record player can convert the vinyl into the digital converter. It allows the first time users to convert their LPs easily. The tape converter software gives step by step information about the conversion process, making it simpler for the users.
- Lack of audio tools: The converter software of the Ion Audio Max lacks the audio tools, which can help to clean up the conversions.
- Belt Drive Speed: The biggest downside of shopping this turntable is that the speed of the belt drive doesn’t remain precise and it takes lots of time to start.
The Steepletone ST929R is a portable record player, which can enhance the look of your house. This record player is available in two colors black and silver. It comes with an independent stereo music player having an MP3 recording feature. It is one of the best record players under 100, which has a remote control featuring a 3-speed and a delete function. It has a built-in speaker with 2X1.5W RMS output to boost the sound system. The users can also add a subwoofer to enjoy music on the system.
This function makes it one of the digital turntable as it enables the users to convert the vinyl records into a compatible format of MP3/WMA. The users can save the music and shared it with USB or SD memory.
This cool feature of the Steepletone ST929R transforms it into the modern digital age product. It has a three-speed turntable, which adds more versatility to this device. The Steepletone ST929R record player has a blue LCD screen, which makes it different from the others.
GPO Memphis is a vintage record player with the technology of the modern music systems. This extensive device is backed by more than 100 years of manufacturing high fidelity audio products. The company has paired the design of the vintage players with the technology of modern music for the casual listeners and music enthusiasts. It is one of the best record player under 200 and that’s why it attracts lots of people.
This audio player comes with a versatile system allowing users to record their favorite vinyl music for listening to it on other music players. There is a built-in MP3 encoder in the Electrohome Signature Turntable allowing users to convert and transfer their vinyl to a USB storage device without any need of a computer.
This record player has a classic design, which can match any décor. It is one of the best turntable, which can make a great addition to any home.
With the help of an acoustic cabinet, this classic record player offers room filling sound. The cabinet is equipped with the four powerful speakers.
- Extra Features: In addition to the turntable, this record player features a USB port, CD player, MP3 playback and AM/FM radio.
- 3.5mm Jack: Comes with Headphones Support.
- Built-in Record Player: It comes with fully functional built-in record player. If the user wants to play their burgeoning record collection, then this unit is a good record player for them.
- Proper Cleaning and Maintenance: It is belt driven turntable and needle, which needs a lot of proper cleaning and maintenance.
- Adjustment issues: There are some users complained about the adjustment needed.
The Grausch RPS100 is one of the best record player available at this price. If you are new to vinyl or looking to have an old collection, then it is a great choice for you. TheGrausch RPS100 might be the right record player for the people who want a device to convert their vinyl into digital format. It has a sharp and retro look, which can attract anyone’s house.
It comes with a higher quality moving magnet cartridge, which is a key feature coming with this device. It’s one of the best portable record player, which makes it easy for the users to move around the house anywhere.
It is a good turntable, which has a three-speed transmission. It makes the users play at 33,45 and 78 RPM and it can handle 7”, 10” and 12” records.
The Belt Driven Unit is a great feature of theGrausch RPS100 in which the belt acts as a shock absorber. It keeps the vibrations resonating from the motor away from the tonearm and the stylus It has a big size speaker, which produce a great sound. Moreover, it will give the users control over the sound.
- Connection Option: The users have the option of connecting the record player to the external speakers as there are 3.5mm aux input and RCA jacks.
- Bigger size: The record player has a bigger size, which means that it has more power, yet its compact !
- No Pitch Control: The record lacks the pitch control function, which makes the users incapable to fine-tuning speed.
- Volume knob short out: After some years of use, the volume knob of the record player short out.
The users who are looking to buy a Modern turntable should go for this turntable. It is one of the best record players under 50 price and comes with a huge range of features. It is a complete stereo system having a unique blend of modern technology and traditional turntable. This record player is capable of converting your vinyl albums into MP3 files. This device can be easily tagged as the best turntable if you add the price factor to all its features.
It is an automatic record player having a well tuned acoustic cabinet, which is constructed with the natural wood. As we all know, wood is the best material to produce richer and warmer sound when it compared to the metal or plastic. In addition to its vintage look, it has four high-performance speakers for delivering trouble-free sound.
It is a multi-talented turntable, the user doesn’t need to compromise with the sub-standard sound after buying this device.
It is a compatible record player, which can be used with all the sizes of records such as 7 inch, 10 inch and 12-inch records automatically.
- Powered Speakers: It comes with 2 high-powered speakers, which are fitted inside the cabinet. The users can expect an excellent listening experience from a Hi-Fi stereo system.
- 3 Speed (33/45/78 rpm)
- Vinyl to MP3 conversion: The Electrohome Signature Vinyl Record Classic Turntable has a Vinyl-to-MP3 conversion feature, which makes it different from its other competitors. It is a good record player, which is very easy to use as it doesn’t need any computer support.
- Low cost: The record players with these amazing features usually are very expensive, but this turntable doesn’t cost that much. It is the major advantage to buying this record.
- No CD, FM Support: Well its a modern Turntable with quite some limitations, but at this price, you can overlook that.
- More Maintenance: It is a belt-driven turntable and needle, which need high maintenance and proper cleaning. It may be a drawback for some people.
Caseflex Turntable is a good record player, which comes with three-speed stereo and built-in speakers. It can be an adequate choice for the people who are looking for a self-contained player. The design of this record player is nice and it works perfectly. It is the best turntable under 100, which comes with top functions which only comes with high-cost devices. There is also a pitch control feature allowing the users to decide the speed at which they want the records to play.
As we have discussed above, this turntable comes with built-in speakers, which makes it offer a decent sound quality. It also excludes the extra vibrations, allowing the turntable to offer clear and sharp sound.
This is one of the top features of this record player is its Stylish Briefcase Design. It is the main reason for the low cost of the Caseflex Turntable .
There is a USB port with a cable to convert vinyl records into digital format. There is a software included with this cheap record player for editing, recording, and converting the audio content to the MP3 format. The Turntable controls offer features such as power indicator, volume control, tone control, speed selector and pitch control.
- Affordable Price: It is one of the best record players which costs under 50, making it affordable to buy for anyone.
- Perfect choice for Starters: We can guarantee that this vintage record player will definitely love the people who are a starter.
- Smaller Size: The Caseflex Turntable doesn’t block too much space as it is small in size.
- Ease of use: A normal person having minimum knowledge of operating a record player can easily use it.
- Connectivity: The users can easily connect it to their personal computer.
- No option to upgrade: The users can’t upgrade the Caseflex Turntable turntable through any means.
- Can’t Find More: It’s Perfect !
Best Record Player Buying Guide
No device can beat the sound of the vinyl, whether you have started collecting your record as a hobby or you have inherited an awesome record collection, these record players will offer you the best sound, which is difficult to beat. This list of the best record players will help you to find the best one under an affordable budget.
You can see, there are endless options when it comes to shopping the record players ranging from the manual to automatic or the ones offering a variety of other options such as driver or USB. Hopefully, you are now feeling a bit more armed with the adequate information to buy the best turntable after reading this post.
Never ever forget to shop a record player stand to protect all your vinyl records. Also, buy some vinyl records to listen on your dream record player.